Kieu is a member of the New York State and Hanoi Bar Associations. Ms. Do one of only a few lawyers who are licensed and able to practice law in both the United States and Vietnam. Ms. Do attended top law schools in both jurisdictions and was trained by prestigious international law firms.
Having more than 10 years of experience, Kieu is the ideal choice for translation, interpretation, and matters that involve resolution of both US and Vietnamese legal issues. Ms. Do has earned her reputation by providing legal services to many well-known trans-national corporate clients, handling each of her cases with utmost care and dedication. Ms. Do believes that no client is less important than any other, and no matter is too small to deserve her devotion and exceptional expertise. Kieu focuses her practice in the following areas:
– Immigration to the US & Vietnam
– Contract & Commercial Law
– Investment Law in the US & Vietnam
– Corporate Law
– Real Estate Law
– Dispute Resolution
– Foreign Nationals Marriage to Vietnamese citizens
– Adoption of Vietnamese Orphans
Kieu is fluent in both English and Vietnamese. She is a per-diem court interpreter for the Unified Court System of New York State.
Kieu has more than 10 years of professional experience including 5 years working for top international law firms (Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer, Russin & Vecchi, and Vilaf). She has been involved in many complex and high-valued deals and advised numerous well-known multinational companies.
♦ Immigration to the United States & Vietnam —
Travel and Immigration to the US
Immigration based on marriage (fiancé K1 visa or spousal K3 visa)
Immigration based on employment (work visas)
Immigration based on investment to the US (L visa and E visa)
Immigration based on familial relation with US citizen or permanent residents
Non-immigration visas (student, tourism & business visas)
2. Immigration to Vietnam
Permanent return to Vietnam for overseas Vietnamese;
Certificate of Vietnamese origin
Labor permits for foreign workers in Vietnam
♦ Contract & Commercial Law — Advises, negotiates and drafts contracts with US / Vietnamese partners;
Due diligent research on US / Vietnamese partners;
Advises on commercial law and import/export procedures of the US and Vietnam;
Advises on distribution and agency agreements with US / Vietnamese partners;
♦ Corporate Law — Provides legal assistance to set up companies or open branches/offices in the US and Vietnam;
Advises on labor and employment law applied to employees working in Vietnam or the US;
Provides other legal services relating to the operation of companies in the US and Vietnam (tax issues, office rental, obtaining necessary permits and certificates, etc.)
♦ Investment into the US or Vietnam — Provides legal assistance to foreign investors investing in the US;
Provides legal assistance to US companies investing into Vietnam;
Advises on tax issues, investment incentives and other matters relating to foreign investment in Vietnam;
Advises on special treatments applicable to overseas Vietnamese investing in Vietnam.
♦ Real Estate — Buying and selling real estate in the US
Assistance in all steps of real estate investment to ensure that your purchase/sale is safe and trouble free, including drafting or reviewing sale contract, deeds, title search and closing process.
Close relationships with real estate agents and assets management firms in the US will enable clients to get the best value for their investment.
Assistance in obtaining mortgage from US banks and other lenders to finance purchase of real estate in the US.
2. Buying and selling real estate in Vietnam
The new law of Vietnam allows overseas Vietnamese and foreigners who meet certain conditions to purchase houses in Vietnam. In addition, Vietnamese living overseas but still maintaining Vietnamese citizenship have full rights to own land and houses in Vietnam as local people.
Provides advice on the requirements to own homes and land in Vietnam and assist clients in reviewing contracts, deeds, title search and closing process in order to obtain the ownership certificate for real estate in Vietnam.
♦ Dispute Resolution – Kieu is qualified to represent clients in all courts and arbitral tribunals of New York State and Vietnam. She can be involved in all litigation processes to protect clients interests in both jurisdictions including but not limited to initiating lawsuits, negotiation and settlement of disputes; enforcement of judgment or arbitral awards in the US or Vietnam.
♦ Marriage to Vietnamese Citizens — Provides legal assistance on the procedures and requirements to marry a Vietnamese citizen in the US or Vietnam; Advises, reviews, and/or drafts prenuptial or post-nuptial agreements;
♦ Adoption of Vietnamese Orphans — Provides legal assistance on the process and dossier to adopt Vietnamese orphans.
Education and Credentials:
- Albany Law School, New York LL.M (cum laude), 2007
- Université d’Aix-Marseille, IAE Aix-en-Provence, France, MBA (graduate with honors), 2000
- Yale Law School, New Haven, Connecticut, Visiting Scholar, 1995-1996
- Hanoi Law School, Hanoi, Vietnam, LL.B (graduate with honors), 1995
- Hanoi University of Foreign Languages, Hanoi, Vietnam, BA in English, 1994
New York State Bar Association (NYSBA)
U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
Hanoi Bar Association
American Bar Association (ABA)
Kieu has been praised by clients and colleagues as one of the best Vietnamese lawyers with deep knowledge and broad understanding of the legal systems of Vietnam, the US and international law. She has achieved a multitude of academic and professional successes. The following are a few of her many accomplishments:
- Ranked 1st in K15 class of Hanoi Law School;
- 1 of 5 foreign lawyers selected worldwide to study at Yale Law School under the visiting scholar program in 1995; Recipient of a Special Reward by the Management of Russin & Vecchi as recognition of her contribution to the firm’s practice in Vietnam;
- Took part in many complex and high-valued projects such as:
- A $28 million syndicated loan between 5 foreign banks and a leading commercial Vietnamese bank, which was the first one of this kind to be guaranteed by the central/state bank of Vietnam;
- Represented Phan Thiet Golf Club in a lawsuit again its Thai construction contractor;
- A $300 million project to build and operate a water factory in Ho Chi Minh City;
- Management Contracts between foreign management companies and owners of Omni and Marriott hotels in Vietnam;
- Business Co-operation Contract between VNPT and a foreign investor for the establishment and operation of the Mobiphone network in Vietnam.
- Advised numerous multinational corporations and banks doing business in Vietnam. Her list of clients include Colgate-Palmolive, American Standard, Bank of America, Citibank, BNP, Suez Lyonnais des Eaux, Exxon Mobile, LG, Marubeni, CT&D Group, Danao International, Fedex, Evergreen, etc.
- She was author and co-author of several articles on legal and economic issues published on Vietnamese and international newspapers and magazines (Vietnam News, Vietnam investment Review, Vietnam Economic Times, OFC Asia Pacific, etc.)
We have Vietnamese translators and interpreters in Los Angeles, CA; Orange County, CA; New York, NY; Chicago, IL; Miami, FL; Atlanta, GA; Washington D.C.; Dallas, TX, San Francisco, CA;Houston, TX; Las Vegas, NV; Newark, NJ; New Haven, CT; San Diego, CA; Seattle, WA; Vancouver, BC, Canada; Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; Hanoi, Vietnam; Vung Tau City, Vietnam; Saigon, Vietnam; Sydney, Australia and in many more cities all over the world.