Veronica lives in Maricopa Arizona and provides Spanish to English translation services to LA Translation and Interpretation, Inc.
– Master of Business Administration, University of Texas Pan-American. Edinburg, Texas. – B.S. Chemical Engineering, University of Coahuila. Saltillo, Coahuila. Mexico.
– Certificate for Overseas Teachers of English, University of Cambridge.
– Passed the Spanish written section for the California Court Interpreter Examination (complete certification in process).
-Active Member of ATA (American Translators Association)
-Active Member of ACIA (Arizona Court Interpreters Association)
-Toastmasters Active Member. Harrah’s Ak-Chin Chapter., Maricopa, Arizona
Currently, I work as a contract interpreter for the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR) from the U.S. Department of Justice in the courts in Eloy, Florence, Phoenix, and Tucson, Arizona; in addition, I also work as a contract interpreter proving services for Superior Court Pinal County. In between assignments I work as a freelance translator providing translation, transcription, proofreading, and localization services to companies, agencies, and individuals in the U.S., Latin America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. My translation and interpretation experience falls into the fields described below:
Legal: Wide experience in translation /interpretation of Immigration Federal Court from initial appearances, master calendars, prove ups and Final Merit or Individual Hearing as well as translation of all the documents related with these procedures. Former Staff Interpreter for the Superior Court of Maricopa County in Phoenix, Arizona in Family, Civil, Probate, and Criminal Courts. Translation of Divorce Settlements, Decrees, and Default Divorces; Civil Trials; Family Trials; Settlement Conferences; Orders of Protection, backgrounds checks, translation of Birth, Marriage and Death certificates; Stockholders Agreements, Testaments, Police reports, legal forms, Website legal terms and conditions, Court orders, Affidavits, Acquittals, Depositions, Non-disclosure Agreements, Employment Applications, Asset Purchase Agreement, Lease/Rent Contracts, Business Confidentiality Agreement, Promissory Notes, Power of Attorney, Arraignments, Sentencing, Plea Agreements.
Marketing/Advertising: Brochures, publicity ads, questionnaires, product description for packaging printing as well as for advertising. Advertising and service documents for different Countries, press releases for a newspaper regarding community activities and school issues (once per month). Copywriting, translation and localization projects for different Advertising Campaigns targeting the Mexican, Latin-American, and US Hispanic population. Currently working with the Executive Office of the President translating press releases aimed to the US and International media.
Business/ Financial: Business letters, general balances and financial statements, articles of incorporation, cash flow statements, bank letters, proposals, franchise contracts and description. Telephone interpretation services for U.S. Business venturing into Latin-American markets.
Training: Employee handbooks for several companies, Continuous Improvement Training Material for Research Companies, HP training Web page, El Pollo Loco, Sabritas Continuous Improvement Program, Hermitage Farms, The Archdioceses of Los Angeles. K&J Fiber Glass Co., KIA Dealership training material, and training materials, videos, training material, and scripts for Chick-Fil-A .
Technical: Website translations, technical agreement for suppliers, Equipment Operational Manuals for industries in the food, electronic, chemical, and automotive industry; localization for HP interactive financial calculator as well as different type of software; Requests for Bid Proposals for US Real State companies, Pump Suppliers, Rail Road Transportation Field, Machinery Manuals, Patents, medical equipment user’s manual for Drive Medical, communication equipment for Harris Corporation, translations for Department of Defense in communication equipment and personnel training.
Health: Medical Patient procedures, questionnaires, reports, presentations.
Software: Above average computer literacy and proficient in CAT Tools: Trados, SDLX, and Wordfast.
– Interpreter and Freelance Translator, Contract interpreter for EOIR (Executive Office for Immigration Review, Department of Justice; Eloy, Phoenix, Florence, and Tucson, Arizona (2010-Now); Contract Interpreter, Superior Court Pinal County (May, 2012).
– Interpreter and Freelance Translator, Maricopa County Superior Court. Phoenix, Arizona. (2007-2010)
– Instructor & Freelance Translator, Imperial Valley Community College. Imperial, California
– Guest Service Team Leader, Target Corporation. McAllen, Texas.
– GED Volunteer Instructor for Sharyland Independent School District and UTPA Graduate Student. Mission, Texas.
– Consultant for FORD, General Motors, Douglas & Lomason. Saltillo, Coahuila. Mexico. – English Instructor: University of Coahuila, Tecnológico de Saltillo, Castle de Mexico. Saltillo, Coahuila. Mexico
– Paint Laboratory Supervisor. General Motors de Mexico. Saltillo, Coahuila. Mexico
– Research Assistant I and II. Applied Chemistry Investigation Center. Saltillo, Coahuila. Mexico.