English-Spanish Translations – Editing and Proofreading – Audio and video transcription – Localization
Areas of specialization
Environment, alternative energy sources, engineering (general), medical issues, ophthalmology, medical devices, nutrition, economy and business, business correspondence, education, literature, general issues.
Education and qualifications
- 2012: Interpreting Training Programme at Instituto Superior de Profesorado Nº8 “Alte. Guillermo Brown” (college), Santa Fe.
- 2008-2012: Translation Training Programme at Instituto Superior de Profesorado Nº8 “Alte. Guillermo Brown” (college), Santa Fe.
Workshops and courses attended
- VII INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE OF THE LATIN AMERICAN SISTEMIC-FUNCTIONAL LINGUISTICS ASOCIATION (ALSFAL) “From Genre to clause: the contributions of Systemic Functional Linguistics to the study of Language in Society”, Facultad de Humanidades y Ciencias dela UniversidadNacionaldel Litoral, Santa Fe – Argentina, 2011.
- Workshop “ACADEMIC CERTIFICATES AND PERSONAL DOCUMENTS: TRANSLATION PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS”, Colegio de Traductores de Santa Fe, Primera Circunscripción, Santa Fe – Argentina, 2011
- Course on “Medical Issues for Translators”, Colegio de Traductores de Santa Fe, Primera Circunscripción, Santa Fe – Argentina, 2011
- 2012: Spanish Translator for International Environmental Data Rescue Organization (IEDRO).
- 2012: Volunteer translator for the non-profit organization “PG Hens”, for which I translated part of its brochure; and volunteer translator for “The Rosetta Foundation”, on behalf of which I have translated leaflets for the non-profit organization Ruhama, which supports women affected by prostitution.
- 2012: Freelance translator for Sharing English Language Center. Last translation projects: EHS and Industrial Security and QEHS Policy.
- 2010-2012: Freelance translation projects for different companies and individuals, among them: Eólica Argentina SRL (wind-generators manufacturer), Ophthalmologist Dr. Ricardo Gould, Lic. Romina Vidoni. Subject fields: business correspondence, wind-generators, environment, water pollution, ophthalmology (cataract, cataract surgery, ocular diseases) and medical equipment.
- 2010-2012: Experience in English private tuition.
- July 2011: I have been involved in the translation of the article “Toys, Games and Play in the Circle Dance of Children’s Mass Culture” by Gilles Brougère, a translation project which demanded the ability to work in a team during all the translation stages, as well as readiness to solve different types of problems. The translation was required by the professor of the course “Pedagogy”, taught at Instituto Superior de Profesorado Nº8, in order to include the translated text as part of the compulsory bibliography of the syllabus.
- Computing Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and TRADOS 7.