Languages: Russian Translation, Russian to English, English to Russian
• Kiev National University Diploma: Master of Arts in translation, graduated in 1985
• Sales and Marketing certificate: (DOOR INTERNATIONAL, Poland)
• Engineering certificate: Repair and Maintenance of High Torque Drives and CNC control
Full time freelance translator/editor
2004-May 2009: INTEXT TRANSLATION AGENCY
In-house Translator, Proofreader, Editor
Translation, software localization, editing and proofreading for translation agencies
and individual clients. Desktop publishing in FrameMaker. I was the first who introduced
translation CAT tools in this company in 2004, shared my experience of working with PDF
documents (OCR techniques), introduced DTP services in Adobe FrameMaker.
2001–2004: MASTER GROUP, LTD
International Sales and Purchase manager, responsible for international sales and purchase
contracts management and CRM.
1994-2001: AZ (now “DniPro”) TRANSLATION AGENCY
1990-1994: ALUVAN BELGIUM
Consultant, responsible for automotive technical documentation translation and automotive
Leading Engineer, CNC repair and maintenance
Specialist Areas and Skills
• Engineering: electrical, electronics, mechanical
• Computer: (hardware and software)
• Industrial: energy generation (gas turbines), oil and gas (pumps and vessels), mining
(grids and crushers).
• Business and Marketing
• Oil And Gas
• Other. There are only a few subjects which are not my area of expertise: medical, economics
Proofreading and editing:
During 5 years of in-house work in a modern translation company I have gained extensive
experience in proofreading and editing other translators’ works in different subjects. These were
literally hundreds of thousand of words. This activity also involved settlement of quality claims if
set out by the clients.
I have provided oral consecutive translation support at several international IT conferences
Translation quality assurance
• Effective communication with PMs, understanding their requirements
• All job-specific guidelines are followed (Style Guides etc.)
• Translations are double checked (if necessary, by another person)
• Spell check performed on all file formats, including simple text (*.txt)
We have Russian translators and interpreters in Los Angeles, CA; Orange County, CA; New York, NY; Chicago, IL; San Francisco, CA; Miami, FL; Atlanta, GA; Washington D.C.; Dallas, TX, Houston, TX; Las Vegas, NV; Newark, NJ; New Haven, CT; San Diego, CA; Santa Fe, NM; Merrifield, VA; Seattle, WA; Vancouver, BC, Canada; Moscow, Russia; Minsk, Belarus; Kharkov, Ukraine; Dnepropetrovsk, Ukraine; Astana, Kazakhstan; Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; Riga, Latvia; Berlin, Germany; London, United Kingdom; Madrid, Spain; Lisbon, Portugal; Paris, France; Rome, Italy; Brussels, Belgium; Athens, Greece; Brasília, Brazil; Oslo, Norway and in many more cities all over the world.