BONNIE, Japanese translator in Tokyo
Nagashima Ohno & Tsunematsu – Tokyo, Japan
Translator, editor, paralegal
• Responsible for translating from Japanese into English a wide array of legal and financial documents.
• Editing work comprised of reviewing, revising and drafting contracts, agreements, governmental notifications, correspondence and other legal documents.
• Training newly-hired, native Japanese translators and paralegals.
• Interviewing prospective editor candidates and training newly-hired editors.
• Drafting English language educational materials for Japanese attorneys and staff members.
• Preparing office policy guides for distribution to English-speaking associates, rewriters and summer clerks.
Seigakuin Atlanta International School – Atlanta, GA
Assistant Business Manager
• Responsible for the daily operation of the business office and for overseeing the work of other office employees.
• Performing accounting duties, including accounts payable, account reconciliation, maintenance/updating of tuition/scholarship information for each student’s account.
• Providing customer service to students’ families.
• Supporting native Japanese-speaking teachers with both school-related and outside activities by acting as their interpreter.
Experience and Credentials:
University of Michigan – Bachelor of Arts in Japanese and Asian Studies, 1985, with High Distinction
University of Notre Dame Study Abroad at Sophia University, Tokyo, Japan, 1983-84.
We have Japanese translators and interpreters in Los Angeles, CA; Orange County, CA; New York, NY; Chicago, IL; San Francisco, CA; Miami, FL; Atlanta, GA; Washington D.C.; Dallas, TX, Houston, TX; Las Vegas, NV; Newark, NJ; New Haven, CT; San Diego, CA; Seattle, WA; Utah, UT; Vancouver, BC, Canada; Seoul, Korea; Beijing, China; Shanghai, China; Hangzhou, China; Hong Kong; Tokyo, Hiroshima Osaka, Kobe, Fukuoka, Kawasaki, Yokohama, Japan; Singapore ;Taipei, Taiwan; London, England; Paris, France; Rome, Italy; Sydney, Australia and in many more cities all over the world.