- Translator with more than 30-year experience working in the fields of literature and the humanities, social sciences, politics and international affairs, among many others.
- Extensive experience in other various domains, like science, technology and cultural topics in general.
- Interpreter, with a professional experience of more than 15 years.
- Experience as journalist, critic, theatre and television director, director of a major cultural center (Casa del Lago, of the National University)
- Cultural attaché in Montreal, Canada
- Artistic director of Teatro Ocampo, the largest local venue in Morelos State
- And Member of the Steering Committee of the International Network for Cultural Diversity
- Presently works as a Cultural International Activist and as a University Professor, and Dean of the Translation Master’s program.
- College degree in the Humanities, from the French Ministry of Education
- Bachelor’s and a Master’s in Modern Literature from the University of Paris VIII
- Master’s in Spanish literature from the National University of Mexico.
- Presently preparing a PhD memoir in Comparative Literature.
AWARDS IN THE AREA OF TRANSLATION AND LITERATURE:
- Research Grant from the Institute of Philology – UNAM
- Literary Translation Grant from the National Fund for Culture and the Arts in 1996 and 1999
- Production Grant from the NFCA in 1997, for publication: An Anthology of Canadian Contemporary Theatre.
Additional skills: Trados 2011, Office Pro suite.
SOME LITERARY TRANSLATIONS
- “Antología de René Char” (Plural magazine, 1973)
- “Théologie et Pornographie“, by Juan García Ponce (Cahiers du Chemin magazine, Gallimard, 1979)
- “L’Album“, by Juan Carlos Onetti.
- “Jour de Repos“, by Juan Vicente Melo.
- “La Maison Inondée“, by Felisberto Hernández.
- “Los Olvidados“, by Luis Buñuel (original screenplay until then only available in french) (Ed. ERA, 1978)
- “Hacia Bathory” (theatre), by Ludovic Janvier (Revista de la Universidad, nov. 1977)
- “El Teatro y los Cementerios“, by Jean Genet (Revista de la Universidad, 1978)
- “The Portraits of Diego Rivera”, by Rita Eder (Art in America magazine)
- “Psicología del Aprendizaje-Enseñanza”, by Aurèle St.-Yves (Fondo de Cultura Económica)
- “Nacimiento y evolución de la representación en el niño”, by Nadine Galifret-Granjon (FCE)
- “Libro de Hechos” (Book of Facts) de Reader’s Digest (team translation)
- “Historia de la Etnología”, by Jean Poirier (FCE)
- “La Música Occidental y lo Sagrado”, by Jean-Etienne Marie (Plural magazine)
- “Objetos Privados: la Escultura de Kurt Scwitters”, by John Eldersfield (Plural magazine)
- “Sobre Harold Rosenberg”, by Dore Ashton (Plural magazine)
- “La soledad del moribundo en la sociedad contemporánea”, by Norbert Elias (Plural magazine)
- “Pueblo en Vilo”, by Jean Meyer (Plural magazine)
- “El Aprendiz de Brujo” / “La Viuda” / El Laberinto” / “Atracción y Repulsión”, by Georges Bataille (Palos magazine, 1982)
- “La Misa de Georges Bataille”, by Pierre Klossowski (Palos magazine, 1982)
- “Montesquieu“, by Jean Starobinsky (FCE, 1988)
- “La Importancia de Llamarse Ernesto“, by Oscar Wilde (translation for stage production).
- “Pascua“, by August Strindberg (translation for stage production).
- “La Civilización China“, by Marcel Granet (FCE).
- “Excepto las Nubes“, “Trío Fantasma” y “Palabras y Música“, by Samuel Beckett (translation for stage production)
- “Les Forêts Nomades: l’oeuvre de Pierre-Léon Tétreault“, by Alberto Blanco.
- “Jumanji“, “Relato negro para una negra noche“, “Sui Manga“, “Pelirrojita“, “Un pacto con el Diablo“, “La protesta” (children’s books collection A la Orilla del Viento, FCE.)
- “Albertina en Cinco Tiempos” y “La Casa Suspendida“, by Michel Tremblay, “Las Musas Huérfanas” by Michel-Marc Bouchard, “Olvidar” by Marie Laberge, “El Ensayo” by Dominic Champagne (an Anthology of Canadian Contemporary theatre, CNCA/ Limusa).
- “Las Cuñadas” by Michel Tremblay (translation for stage production), a collaboration with Compañía Teatral de Repertorio.
- Muselinks, a Website of the Museum Foundation of the Americas. (Coordinator of the translators’ team)
- Guiones: “La Comète”, “Parfum à la Violette” “Les Crimes de la rue Mer du Nord”, “La Fille dans la Pierre”, by José Buil y Marisa Sistach, (Producciones Tragaluz)
- “Los Iluminados” de Gérard de Nerval, (UNAM, Nuestros Clásicos)
- “Se abaja a conquistar” (drama), by Oliver Goldsmith (LMCV, 2001)
- “Categóricas” (poetry), by Normand de Bellefeuille “El Cuerpo cae después” (poetry), by Michel Pléau (UNAM, col. El Puente, 2002)
- “La Tierra y las Ensoñaciones del Reposo”, by Gaston Bachelard, (FCE, 2003)
- “Aproximación de la Palabra”, by Laurand Gaspar, FCE 2005
- “¡Dejen que lean!”, by Geneviève Patte, FCE 2005
- “Estudios sobre la representación”, by Richard Schechner, FCE 2011
- “Sade – La insurrección permanente“, by Maurice Nadeau (La Cartonera, 2012)
- “Correr en los bosques sin desesperar“, by Sylvie Aymard (La Cartonera, 2012)
RECENT INTERPRETING WORK
- “Judicial language: transparency and efficiency” Conference (Clarity organization / ITAM)
ITAM, Mexico City, November 2008
- First International Meeting of Legislative TV Channels (Mexican Congress)
Mexican Congress Hall, Mexico City, November 2008
- Latin America and the Caribbean Summit’s Preparatory Meeting of High Ranked Officials (Mexico’s Foreign Minitry)
Zacatecas, November 2008
- International Eco-Health Forum (Mexico’s Health Ministry / WHO)
Mérida, Yucatán, November-December 2008
- Third Meeting of National Co-ordinators of the Rio Group (Rio Group / Mexico’s Foreign Ministry)
Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Mexico City, March 2009
- Official visit of the Belgium Pinces (Mexico’s Foreign Ministry / Mexican Congress / Belgian Embassy in Mexico)
Mexican Congress Hall, Mexico City, Marzo 2009
- Official Meetings between French Government officials and Mexico City Major’s Cabinet, during Nicolas Sarkozy’s visit)
Mexico City Hall. March 2009
- “El Grito” International Writers Symposium
Casa-Refugio Citlaltépetl, Mexico City, May 2009
- Press conference and public adresses on “Tamara de Lempicka”, by Alain Blondel, Turing the opening events of the art exhibition “Tamara de Lempicka”
Palace of Bellas Artes, Mexico City, June 2009
- Conference “El imaginario fotográfico” by Michel Frizot
Museo Universitario de Arte Contemporáneo (MUAC), Mexico City, October 2009
- Conference “El error fotográfico” by Claude Chéroux
Museo Universitario de Arte Contemporáneo (MUAC), Mexico City, December 2009
- Unity Summit of Latin Amercia and the Caribbean –Preparatory Meeting
Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Mexico City, January 2010
- XXI Rio Group Summit,
Cancún, February 2010
- Unity Summit of Latin Amercia and the Caribbean
Cancún, February 2010
- World Legislative Forum on the Youth
Mexican Congress Hall, Mexico, DF – August 2010
- Dialogues on Social Cohesion Policies between Mexico and the European Union
Health Systems seminar, Ministry of Foregn Affairs, August 30-31, 2010, Mexico City
- Officcial visit of Heads of State, Governmental representatives and high ranking officials during the celebrations of the Mexican Independence Bicentennary
Presidential Palace / Anhtropology Museum, Mexico City September 14-15, 2010:
- Official dinner of President Felipe Calderón for the visiting Heads of State, Governmental representatives and high ranking officials during the celebrations of the Mexican Independence Bicentennary
Chapultepec Castle, Mexico, City, September 2010
- Preparatory meeting of the Ministerial Meeting on Transnational Organized Crime and Migration Security
Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Mexico, City, September 2010
- Telephone interviews for the media to some of the key artists for the 2011 Edition of the 2011 Cervantino Festival
International Cervantino Festival, México City. September 12-13, 2011
- Mexico-Canada Working Meetings on the Judicial Reform
Ministry of the Interior, Mexico City, September 19-23, 2011
- Ministerial Meeting of the G-20 on Labour, Unemployment and the Youth,
Ministry of Labour and Social Protection, Guadalajara, Mexico, May 14-18, 2012.