AREA OF EXPERTISE:
- Chemistry; Chem Sci/Eng
- Tourism & Travel
- Science (general)
- Medical (general)
- Medical: Pharmaceuticals
- Mechanics / Mech Engineering
- Law (general)
- Law: Contract(s)
- Food & Dairy
- 10 years of translation experience
- Registered at ProZ.com since Dec 2008
- Member since Dec 2009
SOME INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC REPORTS I AUTHORED/CO-AUTHORED:
- Laima M.J.C., 1992. Evaluation of the indophenol method to measure NH4+ in extracts from coastal marine sediments. MARINE CHEMISTRY 39: 283–296.
- Laima M.J.C., 1993. Recovery of 15NH4+ in labelling experiments on coastal marine sediments. MARINE CHEMISTRY 44: 31–42.
- Laima M.J.C., 1994. Is KCl a reliable extractant of 15NH4+ added to coastal marine sediments? BIOGEOCHEMISTRY 27: 83–95.
- Laima M.J.C., Matthiessen H., Lund-Hansen L.C. and Christiansen C., 1998. Resuspension studies in cylindrical microcosms: Effects of stirring velocity on the dynamics of redox sensitive elements in a coastal sediment. BIOGEOCHEMISTRY 43: 293–309.
- Laima M.J.C., Feuillet-Girard M., Vouvé F., Blanchard G., Gouleau D. and Galois R., 1999. Distribution of adsorbed ammonium in two intertidal sedimentary structures, Marennes-Oléron Bay, France. MARINE ECOLOGY-PROGRESS SERIES 182: 29–35.
- Laima M.J.C., Maksymowska D., Feuillet-Girard G., Richard P., Sauriau P.-G., Gouleau D., Joassard L., 2002. The influence of long emersion on ammonium fluxes and nitrification in intertidal sediments of Marennes-Oléron Bay, France. MARINE ENVIRONMENTAL RESEARCH 53: 381–402.
- Laima, M J C., Robert, S., Monnet, P. and Pantet A. (2009) Measurements of biological, biogeochemical and sediment behaviour parameters in intertidal flid mud samples – mesocosms experiments.
WORKSHOPS & SEMINARS
- The use of 15N-labelled molecules in tracing nitrogen cycling in sediments. Courses in Microbial Ecology, Biological Institute, University of Århus, Denmark (1991)
- Phosphorus cycling in coastal sediments. Lectures in the M Sc program in Marie Sciences. Institute of Geology, University of Århus, Denmark (1994)
- Resuspension and marine euthophication. Course on Natural Environment, Man and Cultural History, Askö and Adelsö, easter Svealand, Sweden, 14-24 May (1995)
- Distribution of ammonium pools in marine sediments. V European Marine Inter¬disciplinary Network University of Klaipeda, Lithuania, January 11-14 (1996)
- Geochemistry and nutrient fluxes at the sediment-water interface. Lectures in Marine Geology, Institute of Geology, University of Århus, Denmark (1996)
- Resuspension and sediment/water fluxes in the SW Baltic Region. Seminar held at the Department of Earth Sciences, Aarhus University, Denmark, 31 October (1997)
- Is heterogeneity important in the study of sediment processes ? Examples from the SW Baltic region. Meeting of the GDR Group (CNRS) for the English Channel, Station Marine de Wimereux, France, November 25-26 (1997)
COMMUNICATIONS IN CONGRESSES
- Laima M.J.C., Lund-Hansen L.C. and Christiansen C. Physical and biogeochemical aspects of resuspension. I Symposium on the Atlantic Iberian Continental Margin, National Museum of Natural History, 28-30 November 1994, Lisbon, Portugal
- Laima M.J.C., Lund-Hansen L.C., Christiansen C. and Kunzendorf H. Nutrient fluxes in a coastal basin. Part of: Modelling of long-term transport rates and accumulation of nutrients: The effects of reduced coastal nutrient loads in the Northern Little Belt Region. XIX Conference of the Baltic Oceanographers (CBO), 29 August – 1 September 1994, Sopot, Poland.
- Laima M.J.C., Lund-Hansen L.C., Christiansen C. and Kunzendorf H. Nutrient fluxes in a coastal basin: The effect of resuspension on the dynamics of dissolved P pools. Proceedings of the 19th Conference of Baltic Oceanographers (CBO), 29 August – 1 September 1994, Sopot, Poland, Vol II, pp. 518–527.
- Laima M.J.C., Matthiesen H., Lund-Hansen L.C. and Christiansen C. Aspects of phosphorus geochemistry in Southern Baltic Sea sediments: Methods, fluxes, formation of Fe/P Particles and resuspension studies. First Interdisciplinary Symposium on Estuarine Processes (SIPRES), June15-17, Universidade do Algarve, Portugal. Also at Baltic Sea System Study (BASYS), Second Annual Science Conference, 23-25 September 1998, Stockholm University, Sweden.
- Laima M.J.C., Lund-Hansen L.C., Christiansen C. and Matthiesen H. “Fluff “ layer studies: Sampling, Resuspension and Formation of Fe/P particles. Baltic Sea System Study (BASYS), Second Annual Science Conference, September 23-25, Stockholm University, Sweden (1998)
- Laima M.J.C., Lund-Hansen L.C., Christiansen C., Pazdro K., Loeffler A. and Emeis K.C. Flood Events in Odas River, July 1997: Impacts on vertical fluxes of suspended matter and organic matter content (C, N, P, fatty acids) in sediment traps, fluff layer and surface sediment. Baltic Sea Science Conference- The Changing Coastal Oceans: From Assessment to Prediction, November 23-28, Rostock-Warnemuende, Germany (1998)
- Laima M.J.C., Matthiesen H., Christiansen C., Lund-Hansen L.C. A study of phosphorus transport in a depth gradient, SW Baltic Sea. Coastal to Basin Fluxes under the topic “ Present-day material and energy budgets/fluxes and related processes”. Final BASYS Conference, September 20-22, Institute of Oceanography Warnemuende, Germany (1999)
- Laima M.J.C., Christiansen C., Lund-Hansen L.C., Jähmlich S. and Emeis K.C.Transport of P, Fe and Mn along a depth gradient in the SW Baltic Sea XI Danish Marine Science Meeting, January 26-28, Roskilde Universitetscenter, Denmark (2001)
- Laima M. and Richard P. Spatial variability of nitrogen pools and nitrification rates in intertidal environments: Effects of geomorphological structures. An Ocean Odyssey Joint Assemblies of the IAPSO-IABO , October 22-26, Mar del Plata, Argentina (2001)
- Laima M.J.C. Long-term emersion of intertidal sediment systems: Impacts on biota and nitrogen cycling. Proceedings of the XII Danish Marine Science Meeting, January 9-11, University of Aarhus, Denmark (2002)
SOME OTHER PUBLICATIONS:
- Christiansen C., Land-Hansen L.C., Laima M.J.C., Bolding K., Jürgensen C. and Vang T. Modelling of long term transport rates and accumulation of nutrients: The effects of reduced coastal nutrient loads in the Northern Little Belt region.- Final report to the Center for Strategic Environmental Research in Marine Areas, 21 pp. (1994)
- Laima M.J.C. Ecossistemas e a perspectiva de desenvolvimento sustentável. A Cidade, Lisboa, edicões Colibri, nr. 10 (Nova Série): 71-81 (1995)
- Laima M.J.C., Girard M., Gouleau D., Vouvé F., Richard P. and Héral M. Dynamics of inorganic nitrogen in two sedimentary structures of Marennes-Oléron Bay. I. Extraction of adsorbed ammonium pools. II. Measurement of actual and potential nitrification rates and carbon mineralization. Part of subproject “Le rôle des vasières interditales comme source de sela nutritifs dans la bassin de Marennes-Oléron: étude des mécanismes de régénération”, under the project “Réseau trophique du bassin conchylicole de Marennes- Oléron”, Région Poitou-Charentes, France (1997)