Languages: Portuguese Translation, Portuguese to English, English to Portuguese
- Post-Graduate Course in Art History, Oporto University , Portugal
- Degree in Art History, Coimbra University , Portugal
- St. Peters Secondary School , Vila Real, Portugal
- Mineola Middle School , Mineola , New York
- Hampton Street Elementary School , Mineola , New York
2001 – Present
- Freelance Translator
Language Pairs: Portuguese-English
2001 – April 2007
- Wall Street Institute, Aveiro, Portugal
Native ESL Teacher
2000 – 2001
- Branca Elementary School, Aveiro, Portugal
Teacher Trainee (7th/ 8th Grades)
- Collaborating with Portuguese translation agencies on a freelance basis (English-Portuguese/ Portuguese-English).
- Ongoing collaboration with PT Inovação, the main Portuguese Telecommunications Company in Portuguese-English translations.
- Collaborating with international translation agencies ( UK , South Africa , S. Tomé and Principe ) on a freelance basis (English-Portuguese/Portuguese-English Translations).
- Collaborating with a an American crafts company with Translating correspondence between company and international suppliers
- Translations in various technical areas for both public and private entities
- Bilingual internet rater (evaluating sites in Portuguese and English for Lionbridge Technologies)
- Consecutive Interpreting Training
- Voice over for the Thalidomide Society film segment.
- Skilled article writing on various subjects for specialized Internet companies
- High standard essay writing in various academic fields such as Art History and Psychology
- ESL teaching and training (courses of all levels focused on the needs of all types of students)
- Developed/Edited an ESL course for young learners with the intent of optimizing students´ learning experiences
- Teaching FCE (First Certificate Examination) preparatory courses, focusing on all areas of the English language
- Training in E@T (Learning English On-line) updating knowledge and exploiting other teaching resources
- Experience in high standard in-company teaching (Business English) focusing on enhancing student knowledge of technical English.
- Translation of Technical Manuals (Portuguese – English) for Portugal Telecom.
- Internship at the Troncalhada Regional Salt Museum in collaboration with the Oporto University .
- Document translation (Portuguese – English) for the Aveiro Museum on several subjects related to Art History.
- Teacher Trainee (7th and 8th grades) developing teaching skills and achieving excellent results not only with students, but also school staff.